Author: Chef Khushal Singh
Recipe type: Main course
Noodles are most liked Chinese food by almost all the children. Even elders enjoy eating along with children. It is a must food in almost all the houses once in a week. Today buying a store noodles is very scaring as so many articles have come about the led content present in it. We are going to prepare noodles which is healthy with no preservatives and led, at home. The taste will be as good as from restaurant.
- 4 oz (around 113gm) thin rice noodles or other thin variety such as egg noodles, wheat or plain flour noodles can be used.
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp curry powder
- 1 ½ tsp sugar
- 1 tbsp canola oil
- Salt to taste
- ¼ tsp ground pepper to taste
- 1 medium red onion (cut lengthwise)
- 1 red bell pepper (cut lengthwise)
- 1 small carrot (cut lengthwise)
- 2-3 Mashrooms, chopped
- ½ tbsp ginger garlic paste
- Stir fried tofu can be added as well.
- In a wok stir fry tofu(if adding) in 1 tbsp of oil for just 2 min until become light brown in color. Then remove it from wok and set aside.
- In the same pan stir fry ginger garlic paste for just 1 minute until pleasant smell starts to come then add veggies including onion, bell pepper, mushrooms and carrot(any vegetables of your choice and fry for 2 min so that veggies remain crunchy and would not become soft.
- Add curry powder, soy sauce, sugar and salt and pepper and cook on medium heat until it boils.
- Soak rice noodles in cold water for just 4-5 min then drain all the water and set aside or cook according to package instructions. If using other variety, follow direction provided.
- Then add fried tofu and noodles in pan and stir well to mix.
- Serve the hot Singapore noodles with ketchup or any other sauce.