Plum Cake for Christmas Special!!!
Recipe type: cake
Its Christmas time!!! Only 2 days to go, children will be eagerly waiting for the gifts and cakes at home. So hurry up get ready mamma to prepare fresh, healthy, tastier cakes for your children at home with the same taste as you get from cake shops. My child likes both of my cooking methods, i.e., in Microwave as well as in Pressure Cooker. Both are easy and you can try whichever suites you. Both methods take almost same time. Today you are going to read how to prepare Dry Fruits Plum Cake without oven. It is eggless. I tried this cake last night and it was very tasty. My daughter loved the cake and she wants me to prepare again on 25th. I’m so excited to share this Christmas Special recipe with you all. Usually I used to marinate the fruits in caramelized sugar syrup for a day. But this time I am using orange juice. I soaked all the dry fruits for a day, so that the dry fruits can get the orange tangy flavor.
- For Fruit Soak: Fresh Orange Juice - ½ Cup (From 2 Oranges)
- Tutti Frutti/Candied Papaya - 5-6 Tbsp Appx
- Cashewnuts - 1-2 Tbsp Appx
- Walnuts - 1-2 Tbsp Appx
- Dried Dates - 1-2 Tbsp Appx
- Almonds - 1-2 Tbsp
- Dates - 1-2 Tbsp
- Candied Ginger - 1-2 Tbsp
- Raisins - 1-2 Tbsp
- Garam Masala/Nutmeg+Cinnamon - 1 Tsp
- Salt - ½ Tsp
- For Cake: Soaked Dried Fruits
- All Purpose Flour - 1 Cup
- Condensed Milk - ½ Cup
- Butter - ¼ Cup
- Sugar - ¼ Cup
- Orange Juice/Milk/Water - 3-4 Tbsp
- Vanilla Extract - ½ Tsp
- Orange Zest - ½ Tsp
- Baking Powder - ½ Tsp
- Baking Soda - ¼ Tsp
- To soak the Fruit - Mix all the Ingredients in a Glass Bowl and Cover with Cling wrap and refrigerate overnight or up to 24hrs.
- For Cake:
- Take a pressure cooker, add 2 cups of salt and wire rack. Heat it for 5 mins I a medium flame.
- Mix Baking Powder, Soda, Flour and Sieve twice.
- In a mixing bowl, beat butter and sugar until its light and fluffy. Then add in condensed milk. Beat for 3-5 mins or until it turs to pale and light.
- Add in half of the flour and orange juice. Fold this into the wet mixture. Once combined, add the rest flour and fold well.
- Add the soaked dried fruits and fold them well!
- Grease a 7" stainless steel container and add the cake batter to it.
- Pressure cook for about 35 mins without whistle.
- Let it get cooled. Then you can enjoy eating the cake with your family.
You can bake this cake in a Microwave Oven. Pre heat the oven at 180 degree for about 10 mins. Then add the cake mixture in microwave safe container and bake for about 30-35 mins.