Author: Chef Kushal Singh
Recipe type: Curry
Cuisine: North Indian
Mushrooms, though considered as a vegetable, it belongs to a fungi family. So many of us are hesitant to use them in our day to day food recipe. Mushrooms contains 80 to 90 percent of water and it has very less calories. They have little sodium and fat. It decreases the fear of obesity. As it is naturally grown, it has the same amount of vitamin and protein as pumpkins, tomatoes, green beans, red pepper and so on. Want to shed your weight, then start using mushroom regularly. It is also rich in potassium and it also reduces the risk of breast cancer. There are variety of recipes which can be prepared using Mushrooms like soups, Mushroom Mutter curry, Mushroom salad and so on. Here's a yummy, flavorsome mushroom malai recipe. Learn how to make mushroom malai.
- 200 gm Mushroom
- 2 Onion (pyaj)
- 3 Tomato (tamatar)
- 1 Piece ginger (adrak)
- 1 Green chilly (hari mirch)
- 1 Cup cream
- 1 tbsp coriander leaves (dhania patti)
- ½ tsp salt (namak)
- ¼ tsp turmeric powder (haldi)
- ¼ tsp red chilly powder (lal mirch)
- ½ tsp spice blend (garam masala)
- 2 tbsp clarified butter (ghee)
- Cut mushroom into slices.
- Finely chop onions.
- Grind ginger, green chilies and tomatoes.
- Finely chop coriander leaves.
- Heat ghee in a pan and fry onions until it turns pink.
- Fry tomatoes in it and then put cream and mushroom.
- Cook for 5 minutes and then add turmeric, red chilly powder, spice blend and salt.
- Cook at low flame until mushroom softens. Then remove it from the flame.
- This healthy curry which is very rich in protein as it contains Malai also can be served with breads, rotis, chapattis etc.