Recipe Type: Noodles
Cuisine: Indo Chinese
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 45 mins
Total time: 55 mins
Noodles are the food which was originated from China. Noodles are all time favorite for everyone, be it is for children or for elders, everyone loves noodles. Many of them usually get noodles from the store and they eat, which is not too healthy as it contains preservatives or else we usually prepare vegetable noodles at home. No doubt it will be tasty as well as healthy but today we are going to take you to Hongkong city through preparing a special, yummy, healthy Indo – Chinese Noodles i.e, Vegetable Hongkong style Noodles with the same taste as restaurants in Hongkong.
- 2 onions, each cut into 8 pieces
- 1 carrot, cut into thick pieces
- 8-10 French beans, cut into 1″ pieces
- 1 cup cabbage, cut into big pieces
- 4-5 baby corns, cut diagonally into two
- 2 green or red bell peppers, cut each into 8 pieces
- Few florets of cauliflower or broccoli
- 2-3 dry red chilies, tear into pieces
- 3 crushed garlic flakes or 1/2 tsp grated ginger
- 1 tsp light soya sauce
- 1 1/2 tsps. chilli sauce
- 3/4 tbsp. vinegar
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- 1 1/2 tbsps. corn flour combined in 1 cup water
- 9-10 cashew nuts or walnuts
- Salt to taste
- pepper to season
- 2 tbsps sesame oil or peanut oil
- For fried noodles:
- 3 cups cooked noodles
- 1/2-3/4 tsp red chilli pwd
- 1 tsp tomato ketchup
- 1/2 tsp light soya sauce
- 1 tsp. OIl
- Salt to taste
- To parboil vegetables, boil a liter of water with 1/2 tsp salt. Add broccoli, carrot, cabbage and beans to the boiling water and cook for 2-3 mts. Remove from heat, strain and pour cold water over the vegetables and strain again. Keep aside.
- Heat oil in a large wok and once the oil is hot, add the cashew nuts or walnuts and fry to a golden shade and remove and keep aside.
- Add garlic or ginger and saute for a few secs, add red chillis and saute for few secs. Add the onion and cook on high for a minute. Add the parboiled vegetables, baby corn and capsicum and saute for 5 mts.
- Add soy sauce, vinegar, chilli sauce, pepper, sugar and salt and combine well. Add the corn flour along with water and go on stirring continuously till it thickens slightly and coats the vegetables. Remove from heat and keep aside.
- To prepare fried noodles, heat oil in a wok, add salt, chilli powder, soya sauce and tomato sauce and mix. Add boiled noodles and fry till the noodles are browned a bit, approx 2-3 mts. Remove from heat.
- To serve, place the vegetables in the center of the serving plate and surround with fried noodles. Garnish with fried cashew nuts. Serve warm.